• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
Light Toggler

Plugins Light Toggler

Spacedog

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
Spacedogvam
Spacedog submitted a new resource:

Light Toggler - Toggle Unity emissive textures and lights on and off.

What is it?

A simple plugin that lets you turn any Unity lights and emissive textures on and off in a Custom Unity Asset.

How do I use it?

Add the Light Toggler plugin to a Custom Unity Asset atom and use the menu to turn any lights and emissive textures in the asset on and off. Easy!

About Light Toggler

Myself and @VamTastic both had the same problem with needing to turn emissive textures on and off from within VAM. Looking for a solution...

Read more about this resource...

This doesn't seem to work on some assets, for example this one: https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/env-cabine-clarabella.27960/
The toggler turns off the outside "environment" lights but the cabin object itself remains lit, even with lightprobes turned off, making it glow slightly compared to a game-light-lit-only model. I cannot control the shadows.
Does anyone know a way to get around this? or is it just too "hard baked" into the Unity asset?
Sorry, there's a lot about Unity and lighting I don't understand!

This doesn't seem to work on some assets, for example this one: https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/env-cabine-clarabella.27960/
The toggler turns off the outside "environment" lights but the cabin object itself remains lit, even with lightprobes turned off, making it glow slightly compared to a game-light-lit-only model. I cannot control the shadows.
Does anyone know a way to get around this? or is it just too "hard baked" into the Unity asset?
Sorry, there's a lot about Unity and lighting I don't understand!
I would guess the lights are not named in a way the plugin expects, but I'm not sure how you'd go about finding the correct name.

Back
Top Bottom