Question Cloth Daz3D License in use VaM

nostradame

Reactions
Hello everyone. I often see people using clothes from Daz3D and bringing them to VaM. However, I have a question about what license you use when purchasing these things from daz studio. Is it standard or are you using something with an interactive license? What I mean is these things are then shared on the vamhub website. I have a lot of them, but most of them are under the standard license, so probably only for my use. I would be grateful if someone could explain these issues to me.

None of the products sold by Daz (or Rendo, etc.) can be used in assets posted here. You can use them on your own, but not to post here. The interactive license means nothing in this context, because the meshes and textures can be extracted from the var. The Vam built-in resources are from Daz, with that license. They can't be extracted, which is what made that legit. People who create their own clothes in Daz3D can port them to Vam and post them here.

Upvote 0
None of the products sold by Daz (or Rendo, etc.) can be used in assets posted here. You can use them on your own, but not to post here. The interactive license means nothing in this context, because the meshes and textures can be extracted from the var. The Vam built-in resources are from Daz, with that license. They can't be extracted, which is what made that legit. People who create their own clothes in Daz3D can port them to Vam and post them here.
So everything I buy from daz3D, regardless of the license, can only be used by me? do I understand correctly? I thought I could make it available on vamhub under an interactive license.

Upvote 0
Nope. As I said, the interactive license does not allow it to be published in a form where it can be downloaded and extracted from the file. Vars are just zip files with all the content available. The interactive license is good for games where the licensed content is embedded in a form that cannot be extracted. This question has already been covered:

Upvote 0
Nope. As I said, the interactive license does not allow it to be published in a form where it can be downloaded and extracted from the file. Vars are just zip files with all the content available. The interactive license is good for games where the licensed content is embedded in a form that cannot be extracted. This question has already been covered:
and what about models, e.g. I create my model in daz3D and pack it into a morph? Is it possible to unpack it in VaM and get access to the individual transformations that I used when creating it? I mean a model that is made of various paid modifications from the daz store, not a ready-made model such as Aiko 6.

But I can create videos using clothes like this and not sharing var files. just the video file itself.

Upvote 0
My character work flow looks like this: If I get a good head shot of someone, and hopefully a profile too, then I run Head Shop Pro in Daz. I can target G8 or G3 to create a face, then convert to G2. I can change dials in Daz to get the look I want. I save that look as a morph asset in Daz, then drag it into Vam. I use skins already in Vam, and maybe spin the morph dials some more. This is fine as far as licenses go, because I'm only using skin textures already in Vam, and the morphs are based on the G2 mesh Vam already has. What's not ok is to take some paid character and port that over, except for personal use.

Clothes are another matter. Unless you're creating them from scratch, the answer is just no.

The mods here have stated that you can't use paid Daz assets in videos created with Vam. I don't fully agree with this, but that's what was decided by them.

Upvote 0
https://www.daz3d.com/people-of-earth-faces-of-asia
For example, I have ten transformation packages as in the link and you can normally use them to create your models? I generally code packages, which include up to 10 different packages. When it comes to paid stuff in movies, I don't really understand it because the basic license with Daz. allows you to. I listened to a few people from daz and I say that normally with animations you can get from them if no one has access. Well, I'll think about it.

Upvote 0
I think you need to hear this from the mods. I'm not a mod here. You should start a PM conversation with them. Yes, it's different here vs. Daz.

Upvote 0
I think you need to hear this from the mods. I'm not a mod here. You should start a PM conversation with them. Yes, it's different here vs. Daz.
Thank you for answer and I wrote to ASHAURYN, maybe he will explain it to me, according to my logic, I can make these models if others do not have access to transformations and the model is packed into one morph, but I see that it is not so obvious in vam.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom