• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
Pirate Cove

Assets Pirate Cove

Farger

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Farger submitted a new resource:

Pirate Cove - not all treasure is silver and gold, mate

Ahoy. Saiko the SkullCracker guards the pirate cove. She looks small in size, but be wary mate. She has a short temper and a long sword.

This package includes two versions of a pirate cove. The version in the demo scene is sea port 2 stormy waters. This version includes particle effects, sound and lighting. The ocean waves include a shader that is visible via a directional light, as illustrated in the demo scene. The asset labelled "pirate cove clean" does not include baked lighting...

Read more about this resource...

@Neith asked a question about just sharing the ocean effects. I am happy to do this, but I am worried about some of my practices when I work in Unity. Sometimes I rush changes and I manipulate materials in order to make new effects versus making a new material to start the new project. In simple terms, this could sometimes make recreating these effects exactly as in this scene somewhat challenging at times. I will go back and look what I can do and post in an update. BTW, there is already a calm ocean effect in Version 9 of Farger's Particle Pack Vol. 2.

@Neith asked a question about just sharing the ocean effects. I am happy to do this, but I am worried about some of my practices when I work in Unity. Sometimes I rush changes and I manipulate materials in order to make new effects versus making a new material to start the new project. In simple terms, this could sometimes make recreating these effects exactly as in this scene somewhat challenging at times. I will go back and look what I can do and post in an update. BTW, there is already a calm ocean effect in Version 9 of Farger's Particle Pack Vol. 2.
Im glad to report that I do have an ocean only version of stormy waters as is included in this pirate cove resource. I will post that and other wave options in a future update.

Farger updated Pirate Cove with a new update entry:

Landlubber Expansion Pack

This update adds the following:
- Ten assets can be individually loaded for customized scenes
-- Crates, barrels, bottles, boats, canopies, planks and more
- Three ocean effects added as individual assets (these effects work best with directional lighting)
-- "Ocean_shallow_2" is a replica of the ocean effect in the demo scene
--- I suggest scaling this CUA in size to 2 or 3 times the normal size, this will lower the ocean floor and the bubble effects
-- "Ocean_shallow_1" is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

New tropical ocean effect

- This update adds:
-- A tropical ocean effect, the CUA is labelled "ocean_waves_5."
-- An updated version of the original Pirate Cove ocean effect that removes the bubble effect, labelled "ocean_waves_3."
-- A new demo scene for the tropical waves effect that includes sound effects
-- As a reminder, for these waves to be visible, a directional light with cast shadows turned on is required
View attachment 266798

Added second night variant for pirate cove, also added 3 new ocean effect variations.

This update of Pirate Cove makes the following changes:
- Added a tropical wave variant that removes the sea bottom rocks (ocean_waves_5a)
- Added a new light blue hue tropical ocean effect (ocean_waves_6)
- Added a new colorless and foamless ocean effect (ocean_waves_7)
-- This new colorless ocean effect is more amendable to color changes caused by the color of directional lights
-- See Tropical Demo 2 for a way to manipulate the light on the ocean effect
- Added an alternative night...

Lost Atoll - pirate vacation hot spot with pleasant sand beach

This update adds an island atoll as well as 19 new vacation assets for pirates.
-- Four beach chairs
-- Two beach umbrellas
-- Two palm tree variants
-- Three surfboards
-- And many other recreational assets for serious pirates vacationing on the beach
View attachment 274440View attachment 274443View attachment 274445View attachment 274447View attachment 274448

Also added new demo scene: "lost atoll."

could you add collision on the foldable chairs and the table? in the atoll?
I can make those updates. I am not sure the updated VAR will be able to fit on the Hub: it has to be under 500mb. If it doesnt fit I will make a separate patch kit.

Added missing colliders for chair and table assets

Please read as this update may not be of interest to everyone, this update makes the following changes:
- Adds missing colliders for some of the chair and table assets (beach chairs, foldable chairs, lifeguard station and picnic table. Thanks to @cyberdelique for pointing out the missing colliders to me. The new versions of these assets are highlighted by "with colliders" in the CUA name.
- To fit these updates into the max file size for a VAR on the Hub (500mb), I...

Hello

I do have a little quetion to that amazing asset.

I loaded some ocean waves.
Then i got stoneground and no water.

1712479063272.png

When i then zoom out i can see the water around the sphere with the stoneground
1712479183685.png

Did i do something wrong here, or what is this stoneground sphere for?

Just would like to have the oceanwaves

Hello

I do have a little quetion to that amazing asset.

I loaded some ocean waves.
Then i got stoneground and no water.

View attachment 353310

When i then zoom out i can see the water around the sphere with the stoneground
View attachment 353312

Did i do something wrong here, or what is this stoneground sphere for?

Just would like to have the oceanwaves
The shader used to make these waves requires a directional light with cast shadows turned on. This is mentioned in the third paragraph of the overview. One option has a stone island, but there are many others without that.

Hi Farger

Could solve the problem.
There was a tonemap in the scene i didnt see and caused that problem.
Afer removing it, it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom