• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Saving new appearance as separate file?

Veyron_fan

Reactions
Hi

I need a little advice. I want to figure out how to save a heavily modified version of an existing look as a separate file, .var or .vac whatever is easier, so I don't need to keep the original look .var file just for essentially the skin textures, hair and any CUAs.

I've already used the mass morph merger plugin to create a morph of the looks head. I've then used that on a default model and done everything else using various adjustment morphs. Then added the skin texture and hair from the original look and CUA's and saved it as a new appearance preset.

What's the simplest way now to save that as it's own file so I can remove the original look file as I'll likely never need it again?

Many thanks

Why do you want to remove the original VAR with the look? You can just open that VAR, delete what you don't want and you're done.
If you really want to repackage and delete the original VAR, then extract from the VAR the things you need only, create a appearance preset with updated paths to the textures and hair, and make a VAR of the preset. Mind you that CUAs are not saved in a appearance preset.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom